Rentals During Olympics

Seriously Thinking About Rentals During Olympics?
Several friends asked me about renting out their home (house, condo) during the Olympics.  There is still plenty of time but homework needs to be done.  Decide whether this is an option or not for you.
If you live in a condo, the Strata Council will let you know if temporary rentals are allowed.  All homeowners must apply for a licence, and the fees are different according to municipalities.  For example, in Vancouver it is $106, in West Vancouver it costs $150 and in Whistler the licence fee is $300.  Often forgotten, but extremely important, is your home insurance policy.  You will definitely want to have this temporary rental clause.  Check the sites at rent2010vancouver and rent2010. Since it is a business, there is GST involved too.  I think it will be best to use professional rental companies even though they charge application fees and take a percentage of your rental income. 
Aki Foster


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.